Sad News (for any Cybernauts fans..)

05/22/2013 - 01:31

Legendary Bass Player Trevor Bolder (David Bowie, Uriah Heep, Cybernauts) passed away at 7.30pm UK time, Tuesday, May 22, he was 62 years young .....

I had the great pleasure of knowing Trevor for the best part of 30 years, he was one of my idols growing up, I got to know him when Uriah Heep opened for D.L. on the Pyromania tour in 1983 & we became firm friends. I stayed with him, he stayed with me & we recorded & toured together as The Cybernauts. For myself & Phil it's devastating because we were looking forward to finishing up some new Cybernauts recording pretty soon, that may now not happen, but our real thoughts right now are with his family.

Trevor was one of the good guys, I'm sure Mick Box & the guys in Heep feel the same way, we have lost a brother, a great bass player, a funny, funny man who lit up any room he walked into .... I guess now, him & Ronno have a bit of catching up to do ..... RIP my friend .....  - Joe

Comments

dflpfn83 05/22/13 2013 01:50:00 PM

My condolences to Joe & Phil for the loss of their very
good friend Trevor. My thoughts are with you & Trevor's
family. Christine - NYS

jessejames569 05/22/13 2013 04:19:16 PM

Always sad when friends pass away. Makes one wonder when their time is gonna be up. 62 is very young these days, so sad.

Cat Scott 05/22/13 2013 04:28:57 PM

I feel like a lot of awesome musicians are passing away this week. Rest in peace trevor!

6Scorpio9 05/23/13 2013 04:15:35 AM

My sympathies to Def Leppard on the loss your friend.

passionfeast 05/24/13 2013 07:04:54 AM

deepest sympathies for your loss, Joe; Trevor will be missed.
LisaKay/PassionFeast

joeelliottsgirl 05/25/13 2013 09:51:05 PM

WHAT SAD NEWS!!!I CANT IMAGINE HOW YOU AND THE ONES WHO LOVE HIM FEEL INSIDE...BROKEN HEART!.BUT, IM SURE HE IS WATCHING NOW FROM HEAVEN HOPING YOU AND PHIL GET WELL SOON.

df_lep_lover 05/27/13 2013 07:12:38 AM

so sorry for your loss Joe, saying a prayer for you...let the music help you heal, that's what I do, with your music <3
Naomi Moreno-Bohman