Slang Deluxe Edition - Available 11 February

01/21/2014 - 23:18

Def Leppard announce the release of a Deluxe Edition of their 1996 classic album Slang across multiple formats on 11 February.

The Slang reissue will be available in 3 formats: a CD Deluxe Edition and Digital Edition containing the original 11 album tracks re-mastered and original rare bonus tracks made up of demos, alternate versions and mixes with a series of new songs recorded during the time the band was creating Slang. Most of these additional bonus tracks have never been released. A special iTunes Digital Edition will have everything from the Digital Edition, plus a further set of additional bonus tracks. A Double Vinyl Deluxe Edition will also be available and will feature the original album, and its own set of exclusive songs.

The band will release a special Slang Video Collection the same day (February 11th) exclusively on iTunes that will feature videos from singles “Slang,” “Work It Out,” and "All I Want Is Everything."

Pre-order now:
Walmart
FYE
Best Buy
CD Universe

Barnes & Noble
Amazon

Slang was first released in May 1996 and is considered the band’s most underrated album. At the time of its release, the music industry was at the height of the 90s grunge scene and Def Leppard with bands like Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam were dominating the airwaves. Despite this musical shift, Slang charted on the Top Five UK Official Chart and the Top 15 in the US on Billboard’s Top 200 Chart, plus the UK rock magazine Q named the project as one of the Top 10 Albums of the Year. As a testament to their music transcending through time, Slang was recognized for its musical departure from the band’s signature sound. The collection incorporated new sonic elements that gave the album a slightly darker introspective mood than their previous releases. As Phil Collen stated in an interview with Metal Hammer UK, “We've all got personal things that have happened during the recording of Slang, and we've just ploughed on and some of it has come out on the record.”

Slang Deluxe Edition tracklistings:

7. Deliver Me
8. Gift of Flesh
9. Blood Runs Cold
10. Where Does Love Go When It Dies
11. Pearl of Euphoria
12. Move with Me Slowly
13. Truth? (Original Version)
14. Burn Out
15. Worlds Collide
16. Can't Keep Away from the Flame

Disc 2
1. Turn to Dust (1st Draft)
2. Raise Your Love
3. All I Want Is Everything (1st Draft)
4. Work It Out (1st Draft)
5. Breathe a Sigh (Rough Mix)
6. Deliver Me (Rough Mix)
7. Black Train
8. Blood Runs Cold (Rough Mix)
9. Where Does Love Go When It Dies (1st Draft)
10. Pearl of Euphoria (Rough Mix)
11. All on Your Touch (2012 Revisit)
12. Anger Me (Deliver Me -1st Draft)
13. Move on Up (Viv Demo)
14. Gift of Flesh (Phil Vocal)

Double 180g Vinyl

8. Gift of Flesh
9. Blood Runs Cold
10. Where Does Love Go When It Dies
Side 3
11. Pearl of Euphoria
12. Move with Me Slowly
13. Truth? (original version)
Side 4
14. Burn Out
15. Worlds Collide
16. Can't Keep Away from the Flame
17. All on Your Touch (2012 Revisit)
18. Black Train

Comments

Blair Linthorne 01/21/14 2014 11:27:09 PM

Maybe you should correct "All I've Ever Wanted" to "All I Want Is Everything" :)

Kevin Campbell 01/22/14 2014 09:30:59 PM

Cant wait. One of Def Leppards Finest albums to date. I dont really have a favorite album from them. I like them all.

DefLep 01/23/14 2014 01:09:08 PM

This will be interesting to hear. Will DEFinitely buy and add to my DL library.

tntpayne 01/23/14 2014 02:09:00 PM

I go to AMAZON.com and it does not show the CD version of SLANG Deluxe Edition... just shows the Vinyl version... what gives?

WammyDoodles 01/23/14 2014 10:59:48 PM

Hey DL Page, You have a typo under "Pre-Order Now" for the Slang Deluxe Edition. It's Barnes and Noble, not Banes and Noble. - Just thought you'd like to know.

DonSmallBerries 01/24/14 2014 07:55:23 AM

A video for "All I've Ever Wanted"? Don't you mean, "All I Want Is Everything"? For shame, webmaster!

DonSmallBerries 01/24/14 2014 07:55:36 AM

Kellie Trentham 01/26/14 2014 02:32:54 AM

Oh may this is sooooooooooooo wonderful! Can't hardly wait but of course you guys are worth the wait. I do want to thank all of you guys for all that you do. You all are truly awesome and so very gifted. Thanks for putting a big smile on my face! love ya and God bless

DonSmallBerries 01/26/14 2014 11:33:44 AM

Don't you mean "All I want Is Everything"? What is, "All I've Ever Wanted"? For shame! That is Leppard Blasphemy!

dgrayson 02/01/14 2014 10:53:16 PM

I can't wait to revisit this album which is one of my favorites. I was 21 years old when this record came out and was also into much of the 'grunge' coming out at the time....Pearl Jam, STP etc. This album plus the Retroactive before it kept the Leps relevant for me while many of the other 80's bands starting dropping out of favor. I felt they kept their 'Lep' sound but had evolved at the same time. Looking back this still could be my favorite album….although sometimes it depends on my mood

I think a lot of fans that didn't like this record the first time around will be surprised how much they may enjoy the re-issue. At the time this album may have been too much of a departure for many, especially those still hoping for a resurgence of 80’s metal. Getting close to 20 years after its original release, it should be easier to digest and hopefully be appreciated for how good it is.

I've heard a few of the b-sides ('Can't Keep Away From the Flame' is one of my all-time favorites) but looking forward to all the extras they have included with this re-issue.

I wonder with a new album possible next year, if this re-release could be partially done in order to monitor the reception to this style this time around. I would love a new album that picks up where this left off....hint hint

Brendan Senior 02/05/14 2014 07:15:14 PM

I'm one of the only people my age that listens to music older than me....cant wait for Slang!!!

jicon 02/08/14 2014 07:32:46 AM

Somewhat interested in hearing Disc 2. I have the Japanese Deluxe version, that included Move With Me Slowly, and the six song acoustic from their single day world tour. Always liked the alternate (Original) version of Truth? Saw the band in Sept of 96, just after Sav cut all of his hair on the None More Black tour. I think Work It Out, Slang and Deliver Me was all they played from the album. There was a tour book with if I recall, mention of Joe's two black dogs, and of the good time they had recording the record in a house in Spain. Someone behind me stole it during the concert. It would be cool if there was a scan of it out there somewhere.

Now the part that truly peaks my interest is digital distribution on iTunes. This is Slang entered on to iTunes for the second time since all albums were removed due to negotiation issues between the old record label. It would be interesting to know what (or who) gave in...

ignatius 02/10/14 2014 08:33:42 AM

15 hours to SLANG! with you, we don't wanna get our hands dirty.
Mucha Mierda!